Skills Support for the Workforce
Skills Support for the Workforce is a programme of fully-funded support upskill employees within small and medium-sized businesses throughout Hull and East Yorkshire and the wider Humber region.
Delivered by Hull College and a number of partner organisations, the SSW programme provides industry-relevant skills training in a range of sectors including Manufacturing, Agri-food, Visitor Economy, Low Carbon, Health & Care, Ports & Logistics. There is also funding available to support those employers that are making redundancies through the Skills Support for Redundancy (SSR) aspect of the programme.
The programme provides recognised accredited qualifications and bespoke training courses to enhance your employees’ skills, increase the competitiveness of your business and boost the local economy.
Skills Support for the Workforce is co-financed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency and the European Social Fund.
The following eligibility criteria apply for anyone accessing support through Skills Support for the Workforce:
- small to medium-sized employers with a turnover of up to £34m
- small to medium-sized employers facing organisational restructure and potential redundancies (to access SSR)
- adults employed by the organisation or under notice of redundancy
- adults aged 19+ and eligible to work in the UK
- adults facing redundancy or have been made redundant in the last three months
- fully-funded workplace training for small and medium-sized enterprises
- training needs analysis, identifying the skills you need to support your business and employees
- on-the-job vocational training to meet individual and business needs including workplace learning, live learning over Teams/Zoom and online learning
- recognised accredited qualifications (Level 2, 3& 4) to enhance employees’ skills and Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- progression pathways for employees enabling them to progress within your organisation onto higher level qualifications or apprenticeships
- addresses individual businesses immediate and future skills gaps by developing and delivering training plans
- develop a highly skilled workforce to help improve business performance
- improved staff satisfaction and motivation and reducing staff turnover
- support for staff facing redundancy
- competitive advantage in your marketplace and improved chance of winning new business
How to apply
For more details about SSW fully-funded training available through HCUK Training, please contact our experienced team.
Mark Blenkinsop | Business & Training Coordinator
Tel: 0300 330 1520 / 07930 662081